[vtkusers] vtkPlaybackWidget doesn't "play"

Gerrick Bivins gbivins at objectreservoir.com
Tue Dec 2 11:10:42 EST 2008

Hi David,

I've tried calling Render via
vtkPlaybackRepresenation::GetRenderer()->Render() but that had no
effect.

I've subclassed vtkPlaybackRepresentation and overridden Play as
follows:

     virtual void Play()

     {

        _playing = true;

        //this->_playThread.join();

        this->PlayThread();

     }

With PlayThread() as follows (which I'd like eventually move
functionality into a thread so I can pause it):

      void PlayThread()

      {

        while(_currentFrame < NumberOfFrames && _playing)

        {

//this->_pbw->InvokeEvent(vtkCommand::LeftButtonPressEvent,NULL);

              std::cout<<_currentFrame<<std::endl;

              this->UpdateCurrentFrame(1);

              this->GetRenderer()->Render();

        }

      }

UpdateCurrentFrame calculates the next frame depending on direction and
triggers the pipeline update.

Gerrick