[vtkusers] Blurred images using QVtkWidget

Martin Baumann mailsgetlost at web.de
Tue Dec 2 05:49:40 EST 2008

Hi Shakes,

thanks for your quick reply. I am not using vtkImageViewer2 but
 the render window within a scroll view of Qt:

  // ...
  _sv = new Q3ScrollView(this,"scroll view");
  // ...
  _iren = QVTKInteractor::New();
  _qvtk_widget = new QVTKWidget();
  _ren_win = _qvtk_widget->GetRenderWindow();
  _ren_win->SetInteractor(_iren);
  _ren_win->Start();
  _sv->addChild(_qvtk_widget);
  // ...

I added four images to the attachment showing two grids with
two different render windows. The files called qvtkX.png are
created using the render window of QVTKWidget. The files
named image_filterX.png are created with a vtkWindowToImageFilter.

Depending on the data and the view options the "qvtkX style" or
the "image_filterX style" ist better. Here qvtk.png and image_filter2.png
are the two nice images. So the best would be to be able to
switch between these two modes for the rendering view and
vtkWindowToImage. But how?

Best regards,
Martin Baumann