[vtkusers] Questions about MultiBlock

Fabian Wein fabian.wein at lse.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Dec 1 11:35:44 EST 2008

Hi,

I export VTK multiblock files. I have the following questions:
* How can I assign names to the datasets? I googled and found a hint
to use "name" in
  the pvd file but this is ignored.
* Is it possible to write the blocks to a single file?

* Paraview crashes when I load the pvd file:
<VTKFile type="Collection" version="0.1">
  <Collection>
   <DataSet timestep="1" name="this is a name" part="0"
file="piezo_00000.vtm"/>
  </Collection>
</VTKFile>

But loading the vtm file works. Is there some logging about the crash?

* Is it possible to writte several timesteps within one XML file?

Last question:

Is this the right mailing-list or shall I go to the paraview list?

Thanks a lot,

Fabian