[vtkusers] Opaque subvolumes

Vidyadhar vidyadhar at lucidindia.com
Sat Aug 30 06:42:56 EDT 2008

Hi,
The volume visualization using volume mapper uses one color transfer
function and another opacity transfer function. I have not seen any
connection between lookup table stored in vtk file and color or opacity
transfer functions. As far as I know, this is ignored. You noticed opacity
problem. May be you will also notice color problem. What I mean is that even
if colors in lookup table are changed the volume shown by ParaView may not
change. I do not use ParaView but I noticed this type of thing with MayaVi.
I have tried using lookup table but I had to write some code to do this. I
do not know how that can be integrated into ParaView but the idea is to
check if the active scalars have associated lookup table and if it exist
split it into color and opacity transfer function.
Hopefully this atleast help you understand why opacity in lookup table is
not having any effect of volume in ParaView.
HTH
Vidyadhar