[vtkusers] VTK 5.2.0

Pat LeSmithe qed777 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 22:55:02 EDT 2008

Congratulations to the VTK developer team and Kitware for lots of
impressive additions to an already impressive toolkit!

I have a question about CVS checkouts, tags, and branches.  What is the
difference between the tag "VTK-5-2-0" and branch "VTK-5-2"?  Is the
latter the one to checkout to keep up with patches and fixes?  Could you
please indicate the cvs command lines to get the right VTK and VTKData
directories?

Thanks!

P.S.  Does CMake have options to automatically "download additional
components" and build/use/install them *if* the user accepts their
license terms and turns them on?