[vtkusers] Compilation fails on libvtkParallel.so.5.2.0 unresolved reference

Robert Kubrick robertkubrick at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 10:37:40 EDT 2008

Setting VTK_USE_RENDERING=ON solved the problem. I'm also using
VTK_WRAP_TCL=ON and VTK_USE_TK=ON.

local:~/Development/VTK$ cmake -L .
-- Could not find extension loader.  Extensions disabled.
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/ag/Development/VTK
-- Cache values
BUILD_EXAMPLES:BOOL=OFF
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON
BUILD_TESTING:BOOL=ON
CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY:STRING=2.4
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr
VTK_DATA_ROOT:PATH=VTK_DATA_ROOT-NOTFOUND
VTK_USE_INFOVIS:BOOL=ON
VTK_USE_PARALLEL:BOOL=ON
VTK_USE_RENDERING:BOOL=ON
VTK_USE_VIEWS:BOOL=ON