[vtkusers] Deriving from vtk classes in Python

Christiaan Putter ceputter at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 23 00:48:20 EDT 2008

Hi guys and girls,

Quick question:

I'm trying to get my own implicit functions working in python.
Unfortunately I can't derive from vtkImplicitFunction because the
virtual members don't get wrapped.  So I thought I would just derive
from some other implicit function class with complete implementation
(say ImplicitBoolean or ImplicitVolume) and simply try to over ride
the EvaluateFunction method and insert my own...

Doesn't seem to be working though.  Everything runs without errors,
though EvaluateFunction never gets called by the SampleFunction.

Does any of you know if and how this an work?  Seems rather pointless
to wrap vtk with python and not be able to write your own code.

Hope you all have a nice weekend,
Chris