[vtkusers] XYPlot for multiblock datasets

Gerrick Bivins gbivins at objectreservoir.com
Wed Aug 20 11:44:19 EDT 2008

Hi All,
In my application, I have the ability to cut through a multiblock dataset
and generate a plot from the slice using the spline widget  projected onto
the slice and setting it's polydata to a probe filter. However, in the
xyplot, the line is discontinuous wherever the probe crosses the boundaries
of the each multiblock. So instead of smooth lines on the chart, I get a
chart with segments that almost looks like a bar chart.

Probe within same block:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p19070589/probewithinblock.jpeg

Probe through multiple blocks:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p19070589/probethroughmultipleblocks.jpeg

I know it's possible to plot a smooth line, because I don't see these
effects when probing the dataset within Paraview, so if anyone has any
advice on this, it would be greatly appreciated!
Gerrick