[vtkusers] glibc error

Giff zibalmail at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 10:50:16 EDT 2008

Dear all,

This issue was already mentioned in the mailing list some time ago:

http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2005-September/081738.html

I have the same problem, only when I try to load and display a texture. The
same code (creating a plane actor and drawing a texture on it after having
it read form a bmp file) works fine on Windows XP and fails at runtime on
Linux (Debian 4), returning the following error:

*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x08061738 ***
Abort

I tried to use valgrind, hoping to get some insight on what was going on
and... it worked!

I am a bit puzzled but I am not an experienced vtk user nor an experienced
valgrind user.

Does anyone have any idea on why this is happening?

Regards,