[vtkusers] Any GPU ray-tracing volume rendering?

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Mon Aug 18 11:11:54 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 6:42 PM, Utkarsh Ayachit
<utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> wrote:
> VTKEdge hasn't been released yet, but we are working towards it. A formal
> announcement will be made real soon, so stay tuned :).

Oooh, that looks very cool, congratulations!

This raises, at least for me, an interesting question: I distribute
DeVIDE [1], an application based on VTK, ITK, and a bunch of other
things, under a new style BSD license.  I also make available binaries
that include absolutely everything you need to get started.

Seeing that vtkEdge is GPLv3, would I be allowed to make available
separate binary versions of vtkEdge that match with the current DeVIDE
release?  Would I be allowed to distribute vtkEdge along with the
DeVIDE binaries?  DeVIDE is a Python application, and so dynamically
links with everything it needs.

I would appreciate any input!

Thanks,
Charl