[vtkusers] Suggestions -> Image Registration Visualization

M. Wirtzfeld wirtzfeld at rogers.com
Sun Aug 17 14:33:59 EDT 2008

Good day,

I am new to the VTK environment and would like ask for suggestions on
starting-points on how to develop (or modify an existing example) a
VTK graphical front-end for image registration code written in the
ITK environment.

What I would like to start out with is a basic view of a three-
dimensional volume with an overlaid two-dimensional slice.  The
relative positions of these two items would change as the
registration progresses (perhaps over a collection of iterations
rather than at each single registration iteration for the sake of
prompt processing and viewing).  I was thinking of using the Command-
Observer design pattern to update the VTK elements from the ITK
registration code.

Thank you,

Michael.

M. Wirtzfeld
Robarts Research
London, ON.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -
Benjamin Disrael