[vtkusers] what data structure to use for hexahedra

gregthom gregthom99 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 15:40:08 EDT 2008

Greetings VTKUSERS
I have a project where I am working with organ modelling from medical
images.
In my project, I would like to do something like

contours -> surface -> volume (voxles or hexahedra) ->input to FEM-like
modelling

I have some tools for contours-> surface and also some tools that can get
volume element (voxel) centers for each structure of interest.
Now what I need is some kind of hexahedra for based on those voxel centers.
Does anyone have some idea about what suitable vtk structure can be used for
this ? The reason I want use hehedra is that if I have initially a regular
grid with voxel (each 8 vertices and connectivity) I will use non-rigid
warping techniques to model new structures and my regular voxels will easily
become non-regular. I am thinking some kind of VTK structure exists that is
suitable for this ?.

Cheers

GT