[vtkusers] meshing of polydata

WolfgangZ wollez at gmx.net
Wed Aug 6 11:32:11 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I have some polydata with around 100 Polygons which describe some
objects. All polys are closed objects. Now I want to crate a triangle
mesh with these lines (the lines describe the border between two
materials) and I want to use that mesh in a finite element analysis. I
tried vtkDelaunay2D but the resulting mesh has only points on the
original polygon and therefore most triangles have sharp edges.
Is there a better way to mesh my geometry?

I already found the SubdivionFilters but these divide all cells and many
cells are getting too small. I would prefer a method that directly gives
me a triangles with roughly the same edge length.

Any comments if this is possible with vtk at all?

Regards
Wolfgang