[vtkusers] ERROR: vtkPolyLine.cxx, line 102

Peter F Bradshaw pfb at exadios.com
Mon Aug 4 04:10:16 EDT 2008

Hi;

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008, chen Yanda wrote:

> Dear VTK users,
>     I constructed some polygonal data and visualized these polylines. But I
> got the following error and warning messages
>
> ERROR: In ..\..\Filtering\vtkPolyLine.cxx, line 102
> vtkPolyLine (05A503E0): Coincident points in polyline...can't compute
> normals

It appears that you have a Polyline cell that contains at least one
segment that has zero length - i.e. the end coordinates equal each
other. Assuming that the data is in a file it should be possible to
write some test code to read it and walk the cells looking for the
problem cell and Polyline.

> Warning: In ..\..\Graphics\vtkTubeFilter.cxx, line 217
> vtkTubeFilter (059619B8): Could not generate normals for line. Skipping to
> next.
>
>     I would be grateful to anyone who can explain the possible reason(s)
> that cause these errors and warnings and How can I isolate or determine the
> location of these coincident points in polygonal data ?
>
>  Best regards!

Cheers

--
Peter F Bradshaw: http://www.exadios.com (public keys avaliable there).