[vtkusers] Mouse scroll event and overloading interactor style methods

Kerry Loux louxkr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 14:36:54 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I've got two questions today:  First, I'm having a difficult time figuring
out why my mouse scroll events are not being captured.  When I start my app,
everything works fine, but if I select another control, then select the
render window interactor again, I loose my scroll events.  Any ideas?  It's
probably worth mentioning that I'm using a wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor (MSW,
wx 2.8.7, and vtk 5.0.4).

Second, I derived a class from vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera and I
overloaded some of the event handling functions (OnButtonDown, etc.).  My
overloaded functions are not being called.  When I step through the app. in
debug, it just goes right to the vtk functions.  Am I missing something?  Is
it more complicated than just overloading the function?

Thanks,

Kerry