[vtkusers] Question about VKT installation

HayamiSanjuro sanjurohayami at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 3 07:18:17 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I am a newb of VTK, I ame going to do a project by using Visual studio 2008 and VTK. So I downloaded and set the VTK source by CMAKE and generated the VTK.sln. After that I compiled the VTK project by using VS 2008 and built the INSTALL project. I also added the VS->Tools->Options->VC++Directories->Include file "<my install path>/include/vtk-5.0" and added the VS->Tools->Options->VC++Directories->Library file "<my install path>\lib".

But when I tried to declare a vtkPoints pointer variable,

#include <vtkPoints.h>
void DrawDelaunay2D()
{
  vtkPoints *pts = vtkPoints::New();
}
I still get an link error message:

1>Stroke.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class vtkPoints * __cdecl vtkPoints::New(void)" (?New at vtkPoints@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall Stroke::processStroke(void)" (?processStroke at Stroke@@QAEXXZ)1>C:\Documents and Settings\Rong\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\LifeSketch\Debug\LifeSketch.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Can any1 plz tell me whats wrong with the installation or anyother thing might cause the error.

I tried to check the mailing list, there was a guy facing similary problem and asked in Jun 2004 but there was no answer for his question.

Thanks
YANG Rong 20 Orton,
Glenfield, AKL, New Zealand Cell: +64 21 2355108
Home phone: 09 4434960