[vtkusers] Truncated Cone or Cylinder With Different Radii At Each End ?

Iain Young iain at g7iii.net
Sat Aug 2 06:14:47 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I am currently modeling a spacecraft in 3D. I'm stuck with modelling
the dish antennae. Does anyone have a -simple- C++ example showing
how to truncate a cone or better still a sphere source ?

I'm kind of thinking "cut all but the first 25%" of the sphere,
with it being unfilled.

I was sure that I found an example of such code somewhere before,
but all my googling and searching can only come up with the icecream
example, and that doesn't really do what I need.

Or does anyone have any hints on how  best to model a dish. They
don't have to be 100% perfect, but it does need to be disk/bowl
shaped.

Best Regards

Iain