[vtkusers] Volume Rendering from Cloud Points

Mohammed Amine SAHTARI msahtari at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 05:22:50 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I am trying to do a volume rendering of a large data set. I has a group of
points, each point defined by : a position [ X, Y, Z ] and a Scalar.
The implemented volume rendering techniques (RayCast,..) require a
structured grid or an unstructured grid as input.

For this purpose, I tried different ways :

1) Cloud Points -> PolyData -> DataSetTriangleFilter

Problem : No data on the screen !

errors like  :
- Input contains more than tetrahedra - only tetrahedra are supported
or
- Degenerate topology  cell face used more than twice

2) build directly an UnstructuredGrid (with only Tetrahedra)

 Problem : No data on the screen !

Please let me know the correct / best way to do this.

Thanks in advance,
Amine