[vtkusers] Doubt about vtk hash implementation...

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Wed Apr 30 09:51:57 EDT 2008

Hi folks,

I was trying to understand a VTK algorithm inside
vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter class. In this class, there's a method called
InsertQuadInHash (line 1418). My doubt is that after studying the code,
I was not able to find where the hash index is being computed. From my
knowledge, a hash table is made of indexes which are computed using some
sort of hash function but this algorithm seems to be only a brute force
search inside a linked list. What am I missing?

thanks for any clarification

Renato.