[vtkusers] Reference Count = 2 after Constuctor

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 18:09:43 EDT 2008

I have a class that I am writing that inherits from
vtkPolyDataAlgorithm. After calling:

vtkH5PolyDataReader* reader = vtkH5PolyDataReader::New();
the reference count is 2. Shouldn't it be 1? I have another generic
class the inherits from vtkObject and running the same basic test
gives me a reference count of 1. What might be some reasons why my ref
count is 2? I think this is causing other problems in my code.

Here is my constructor:

vtkCxxRevisionMacro(vtkH5PolyDataReader, "1.0");
vtkStandardNewMacro(vtkH5PolyDataReader);

vtkH5PolyDataReader::vtkH5PolyDataReader()
{
 this->FileName = NULL;
 this->SetNumberOfInputPorts(0);
}

I also have the following in the header:

public:
static vtkH5PolyDataReader *New();

protected:
  vtkH5PolyDataReader();