[vtkusers] Visualizing MRI data by rendering voxels contained in a 3D array

awilson at cs.brown.edu awilson at cs.brown.edu
Sat Apr 26 17:23:42 EDT 2008

Hey,
   I'm really new to VTK and its somewhat difficult for me to find tutorials and
examples for use in Java.

Anyway, I am trying to visualize MRI brain scan data by rendering voxels
contained in a 3D array. That is, I have a three dimensional array which
contains gray-scale values indicating the pixel at that position's transparency
(the x,y,z values of the voxel are just indicated by the position in the array).

I was wondering what would be the simplest and most efficient method to do this
with the VtkJava wrapper. I also need to be able to render the resulting
visualization into a javaSwing widget which will be integrated with several
other widgets.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.