[vtkusers] Sub-sampling a point cloud

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Fri Apr 25 18:44:25 EDT 2008

Hi Sarah,

John Biddiscombe has a point sprite mapper for rendering large amounts
of point data. vtkPointSpriteMapper:
http://www.cscs.ch/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=97&Itemid=134

You could try vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter to create a surface from
your points. If it doesn't work out you could try Tim Hutton's port of
the powercrust algorithm (a more robust algorithm than
vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter): http://www.sq3.org.uk/powercrust/

hth

Goodwin