[vtkusers] java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError to native lib using VTK with Java

Timothy Driscoll molvisions at mac.com
Wed Apr 23 07:35:27 EDT 2008

hi,

I'm trying to use VTK within the context of a Java application.  I
compiled it with Java wrappings, and added the path to the vtk.jar
file to my runtime classpath.  I also added the path to the bin
directory to java.library.path.

I keep getting this runtime error when I try to call vtkPoints():

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit
         at vtk.vtkPoints.VTKInit(Native Method)
         at vtk.vtkObject.<init>(vtkObject.java:96)
         at vtk.vtkPoints.<init>(vtkPoints.java:183)

so it seems to me that my app is finding the Java wrappings just
fine, but can't find the native C++ libraries? (or at least, not
VTKInit!).  this happens both from command line and from NetBeans.
(fwiw, I'm running under OS X 10.4.11, Java 1.5.0_07.)

can anyone please help?

thanks a lot,

tim
--
earth:usa:virginia:blacksburg

I am behindtherabbit:
del.icio.us | last.fm | mojo | twitter | www