[vtkusers] Crest lines extraction

C. Hiba hiba_vtk at yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 22 14:17:31 EDT 2008

Hi everybody,
I read an image volume consisting of the sequence "headsq" of the vtk library.
I want to extract the ridge lines (crest lines) of this volume. I know that it must be done with an algorithm called the "marching lines", but I did not find an implementation for this algorithm.
 The file "vtkLine.h" contains an indication of the marching lines, but not a clear code to extract these lines.
What shouls i do exactly?

I post with this the image volume and the code i wrote to generate it.

vtkVolume16Reader *Reader = vtkVolume16Reader::New();
Reader->SetDataDimensions(64,64);
Reader->SetFilePrefix("C:/headsq/quarter");
Reader->SetImageRange(1,93);
Reader->SetDataByteOrderToLittleEndian();
Reader->SetDataSpacing(3.2, 3.2, 1.5);

 Thanks for your help