[vtkusers] vtkImageData from a closed vtkPolyData

Mathieu Coursolle mcoursolle at rogue-research.com
Tue Apr 15 10:29:59 EDT 2008

Hi VTK users,

I have a closed vtkPolyData (a modified sphere), which is composed of
triangle strips.
I would like to create a vtkImageData to generate a mask of the inside
voxels of the vtkPolyData.

Is there an easy way to do that using vtk classes?

I am experimenting with vtkPolyDataToImageStencil right now with no
success.

Looking at the docs, it says:

"The input polydata must contain polygons (or other 2D cells) that
form a 3D surface that encloses a finite volume."

I am not sure I understand if I can use my vtkPolyData as an input
then? How can I transform my triangle strips polydata into polygons
that will allow the mask to be generated?

Thanks!

Mathieu