[vtkusers] topology preserving isocontour extraction

Marcel Weiss mweiss at cbs.mpg.de
Mon Apr 14 06:20:03 EDT 2008

Dear community,

although searching through the archieve of this mailing list for quiet a long time, I couldn´t find any satisfying anwser to my question.

So, is there any class in vtk (or maybe itk) which can perform a topology preserving isocontour extraction on a volume (e.g. vtkStructuredPoints) of float values?

the standard MC tends to produce errors in some region, destroying a tediously kept spherical topology.

thanks in advance
Marcel