[vtkusers] Bug in font rendering if shadow == true ?

Antoine Rosset rossetantoine at bluewin.ch
Sun Apr 6 12:33:21 EDT 2008

It's a vtkTextActor, using the vtkOpenGLFreeTypeTextMapper.

It's not related to the OpenGL extensions in my opinion, but it's
related to the creation of this RGBA texture, before sending it to the
OpenGL pipeline.

Here are the OpenGL extensions:

ATI Radeon X1900 OpenGL Engine
Vendor Name                   	ATI Technologies Inc.
Version                       	2.0 ATI-1.5.24
GL Shading Language Version   	1.20
Renderer Name                 	ATI Radeon X1900 OpenGL Engine
OpenGL Extensions
                               	GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil
                               	GL_APPLE_client_storage
                               	GL_APPLE_element_array
                               	GL_APPLE_fence
                               	GL_APPLE_float_pixels
                               	GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range
                               	GL_APPLE_flush_render
                               	GL_APPLE_object_purgeable
                               	GL_APPLE_packed_pixels
                               	GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer
                               	GL_APPLE_specular_vector
                               	GL_APPLE_texture_range
                               	GL_APPLE_transform_hint
                               	GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object
                               	GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range
                               	GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators
                               	GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422
                               	GL_ARB_depth_texture
                               	GL_ARB_draw_buffers
                               	GL_ARB_fragment_program
                               	GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow
                               	GL_ARB_fragment_shader
                               	GL_ARB_half_float_pixel
                               	GL_ARB_imaging
                               	GL_ARB_multisample
                               	GL_ARB_multitexture
                               	GL_ARB_occlusion_query
                               	GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object
                               	GL_ARB_point_parameters
                               	GL_ARB_point_sprite
                               	GL_ARB_shader_objects
                               	GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod
                               	GL_ARB_shading_language_100
                               	GL_ARB_shadow
                               	GL_ARB_shadow_ambient
                               	GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp
                               	GL_ARB_texture_compression
                               	GL_ARB_texture_cube_map
                               	GL_ARB_texture_env_add
                               	GL_ARB_texture_env_combine
                               	GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar
                               	GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3
                               	GL_ARB_texture_float
                               	GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat
                               	GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two
                               	GL_ARB_texture_rectangle
                               	GL_ARB_transpose_matrix
                               	GL_ARB_vertex_blend
                               	GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object
                               	GL_ARB_vertex_program
                               	GL_ARB_vertex_shader
                               	GL_ARB_window_pos
                               	GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate
                               	GL_ATI_blend_weighted_minmax
                               	GL_ATI_separate_stencil
                               	GL_ATI_text_fragment_shader
                               	GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc
                               	GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3
                               	GL_ATI_texture_float
                               	GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once
                               	GL_EXT_abgr
                               	GL_EXT_bgra
                               	GL_EXT_blend_color
                               	GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate
                               	GL_EXT_blend_func_separate
                               	GL_EXT_blend_minmax
                               	GL_EXT_blend_subtract
                               	GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint
                               	GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
                               	GL_EXT_draw_range_elements
                               	GL_EXT_fog_coord
                               	GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit
                               	GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample
                               	GL_EXT_framebuffer_object
                               	GL_EXT_geometry_shader4
                               	GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters
                               	GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays
                               	GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil
                               	GL_EXT_rescale_normal
                               	GL_EXT_secondary_color
                               	GL_EXT_separate_specular_color
                               	GL_EXT_shadow_funcs
                               	GL_EXT_stencil_two_side
                               	GL_EXT_stencil_wrap
                               	GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1
                               	GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
                               	GL_EXT_texture_env_add
                               	GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
                               	GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias
                               	GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp
                               	GL_EXT_texture_rectangle
                               	GL_EXT_texture_sRGB
                               	GL_EXT_transform_feedback
                               	GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip
                               	GL_NV_blend_square
                               	GL_NV_fog_distance
                               	GL_NV_light_max_exponent
                               	GL_NV_texgen_reflection
                               	GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap
                               	GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp
                               	GL_SGIS_texture_lod
                               	GL_SGI_color_matrix
OpenGL Limits
Display Mask                  	1 (0x00000001)
Renderer ID                   	137476 (0x00021904)
Off Screen                    	No
Full Screen                   	Yes
Hardware Accelerated          	Yes
Robust                        	No
Backing Store                 	Yes
MP Safe                       	Yes
Window                        	Yes
Multi Screen                  	No
Compliant                     	Yes
Buffer Modes                  	15 (0x0000000f)
Color Buffer Modes            	176194560 (0x0a808400)
Accum Buffer Modes            	8421376 (0x00808000)
Depth Buffer Modes            	7169 (0x00001c01)
Stencil Buffer Modes          	129 (0x00000081)
Max Aux Buffers               	2 (0x00000002)
Max Sample Buffers            	1 (0x00000001)
Max Samples                   	6 (0x00000006)
Sample Modes                  	3 (0x00000003)
Alpha Sampling                	Yes
GPU Vertex Processing Capable 	Yes
GPU Fragment Processing Capable	Yes
Total Video Memory            	536870912 (0x20000000)
Total Texture Memory          	519766016 (0x1efb0000)
Apple Software Renderer