[vtkusers] where is vtkstd/string?

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Sun Apr 6 09:50:43 EDT 2008

Are you using CMake to build your console application?

See any of the projects in the VTK/Examples folder for example
CMakeLists.txt files that show how to build a project that links to VTK
using CMake. From such a project, using vtkStdString should simply be a
matter of:

#include "vtkStdString.h"

void TestFunc()
{
  vtkStdString s("hi there");
  // do something useful with s here...
}

What is the error you get if you try to use vtkStdString?