[vtkusers] How to use class vtkStdString?

Mark Jefferson mark.jefferson at qq.com
Fri Apr 4 21:20:53 EDT 2008

Hello,
   I am a new vtkuser. I want to display some character string information in the vtkRenderWindow. and I know class vtkStdString and vtkScaledTextActor could help me. but I could not use it correctly. while I use class vtkStdString, I always get the error :
   Cannot open include file: 'vtkstd/string': No such file or directory
   it tells me that the file vtkstd/string is not in my vtk(vtk source codes that I had downloaded from vtk.org). so I check it in my vtk, I find nothing.
   so my question is :
   1, is there something wrong with my vtk? is my vtk not complete? and do I need to reload it?
   2, if 1 is no, what I should do if I want to use vtkStdString?
   who can help me? thank you!
   MJ