[vtkusers] Displaying NURBS surfaces in VTK

Marius Erdt marius.erdt at gmx.de
Wed Apr 2 03:27:58 EDT 2008

Hello everybody,

I need to display a NURBS-surface in my application which uses VTK for
visualization.
There have been a couple of posts on this list regarding NURBS support
in VTK from late 2004 saying it is not possible due to the lack of GLU
integration.

Does anybody know if there have been any changes in VTK that enable
displaying of NURBS surfaces? And if it is still not possible to
directly view such surfaces, is there any opportunity to make a
workaround? What I have right now are the control points of the surface
to be rendered.

Thanks for any help,

Marius