[vtkusers] vtkRenderWindowInteractor not responding to keybord input

Christophe Peyret christophe.peyret at onera.fr
Thu Sep 27 10:12:45 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am using vtk-5.0.3 under OSX 10.4.10. I have compiled the example
cone5.cxx that you can find here:

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/Examples/
Tutorial/Step5/Cxx/Cone5.cxx?root=VTK&content-type=text/plain

when I run the program it works and I can play with the mouse in
order to rotate or zoom the render. However, the
vtkRenderWindowInteractor is not responding to keyboard. The
character I press just print in the terminal window but has no effect
on the render itself. In order to quit I need to enter Crtl + C :(

Christophe

Here is my compilation makefile

TARGET = cone5

LD  = icpc
CC  = icc
CXX = icpc

SRCDIR   = ./src
OBJDIR   = ./obj
DIREXE   = ./
INCL     = -I$(VTK_HOME)/include/vtk-5.0

CCFLAGS    = -c -O3 -ip -unroll0 $(INCL)

LDFLAGS = -framework Cocoa  -framework OpenGL \
           -L$(VTK_HOME)/lib\
              -lvtkCommon\
              -lvtkDICOMParser\
              -lvtkFiltering\
              -lvtkGenericFiltering\
              -lvtkGraphics\
              -lvtkHybrid \
              -lvtkIO\
              -lvtkImaging\
              -lvtkNetCDF\
              -lvtkRendering\
              -lvtkVolumeRendering\
              -lvtkWidgets\
              -lvtkexoIIc\
              -lvtkexpat\
              -lvtkfreetype\
              -lvtkftgl\
              -lvtkjpeg\
              -lvtkpng\
              -lvtksys\
              -lvtktiff\
              -lvtkzlib

# Building application

OBJS =  $(OBJDIR)/cone5.o

$(TARGET) : $(OBJS)
	$(LD) $(LDFLAGS) $(OBJS) -o $(DIREXE)$(TARGET)
	@echo  ----------- ${TARGET} created -----------

# Compilation

$(OBJDIR)/%.o : $(SRCDIR)/%.cxx
	$(CXX) $(CCFLAGS) -o $@  $<