[vtkusers] Problem with vtkPolyData::GetPointCells()

Feng Ding carlding at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 13:18:50 EDT 2007

Dear list,

Basically, I am going to get a list of neighboring vertices of one
vertex on a 3D surface mesh. Since VTK does not provide such
functionalities, a straightforward idea is to get the list of the
neighboring cells (faces) first. However, the function GetPointCells()
only returned one cell given a point Id (BuildLinks() has been called
before GetPointCells() ). I hope to find out the correct way to use
this function. I have searched the VTK list. Someone got the same
problem before. But unfortunately, nobody answered clearly...

Best regards,
DING Feng