[vtkusers] vtk-Mesa issue : Black image

sha1 at doc.ic.ac.uk sha1 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Sun Sep 23 15:42:25 EDT 2007

Dear friends,
I am getting a black image when doing offscreen rendering. I have
tried everything I found on vtk website including vtkGraphicsFactory
and vtkImageingFactory. If some body has encountered a similar
problem, please guide me resolve this issue. It was working fine some
times before on same OS, but then I had to recompile Mesa and vtk for
some reason and now its not working properly.

Here are my settings:

VTK version : 5.0.3
Mesa version : 5.0.3
OS: Linux Mandrake 10.2

VTK Settings:
Mesa settings
VTK_WRAP_TCL=ON
VTK_USE_MANGLED_MESA=ON
VTK_USE_OFFSCREEN=ON
also set vtk mesa library paths as described on vtk website.

The compilation is successful and the run is also successful except
that rendered image is absolutely black indicating something wrong
with rendering or more precisely in configuration for vtk-mesa.

Test : ./vtk ../VTK/Examples/MangledMesa/Tcl/OffScreenCone.tcl
Also tested using a C++ routine.

Regards,

Hassan Amin