[vtkusers] Disable lighting per-actor

James Turner zakalawe at mac.com
Fri Sep 21 08:15:35 EDT 2007

I was wondering if there was a method to disable light at a per-
actor / prop granularity in a renderer? I'm displaying some 'helper'
actors alongside my main data, principally some wireframe boxes, but
the box edges are being lit, which looks odd; I'd like each box to
appear as a flat color that I assign, presumably via
vtkProperty::SetColor, although the docs indicate that simply sets
the diffuse and specular terms, which may not be quite what I want.

In raw OpenGL, I'd just glDisable(GL_LIGHTING) whilst rendering the
primitives in question, but of course that's not an approach that
makes sense in VTK. What are the alternatives?

Thanks,
James