[vtkusers] visualizing scattering of random points

fred fredmfp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 03:04:27 EDT 2007

Patrick Birch a écrit :
> Hi experts,
>
> I need to visualize a random scattering of points (unstructured), and
> then colour code them according to their associated scalar values.
>
> It seems that the only way to visualize unstructured points is to
> somehow create a surface out of them, whether by delaunay
> triangulation or splatting.
>
> Is there a way to just view the points as is?

If you want to display scatters as points (or glyphs),
why don't use a PolyData dataset instead of an UnstructruredGrid ?
I think the first is easier to implement.

My 2 cts.

PS: I have to write some stuff on this FAQ in the wiki.
The problem is that days have only 24 hours.

Cheers,

--
http://scipy.org/FredericPetit