[vtkusers] visualizing scattering of random points

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 01:07:51 EDT 2007

No if you read the recent documentation, vtkParticleReader will read text or
binary files, it will also read an associated scalar value.

I generally create a little program using this that reads the particles
(points) and outputs them to a format recognized by VTK or ParaView eg. the
.vtp format.

Alternatively, there is a .csv reader in ParaView (which I haven't used).

Alternatively create a PolyData structure yourself and load the data into it
Regards
   Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Centre for Autonomous Systems