[vtkusers] Visualizing Unstructured Grid

Beau Sapach beau.sapach at ualberta.ca
Fri Sep 14 15:39:04 EDT 2007

Hello everyone,

I've got some data (originally from an image) that I want to display in 3D.
I have the x,y,z coordinates of all the points and a scalar value to go with
each one.  So far I've assumed that an unstructured grid would be the best
dataset type to display this data, please correct me if I'm wrong.  If I do
use an unstructured grid, is there a filter or method I should use to
construct cells?  Or is there a way of displaying the point/scalar data
without constructing cells?  I'd prefer not to glyph the points, although I
know that's one option..

Beau