[vtkusers] Help : How To Change 8 Bits BMP Picture To 24 Bits ?

JohnMark zhaojunxp at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 13 04:43:07 EDT 2007

Hi , vtkusers ,

    with the help of classes vtkStructuredPoints and vtkBMPWriter , I change the DICOM pictures to BMP
pictures successfully . however , I found the BMP pictures' format was wrong when I decided to use them
to reconsturct ( i.e. , volume rendering ) . it asked for 8 bits' BMP pictures , not 24 bits . So , I
want to know whether there is a class changing 24 bits BMP picture to 8 bits ?

    and I find there is not a function to do so in vtkStructuredPoints .

    thank you for any help !

    Mark