[vtkusers] Display 'Transparent' Map

Janny Dong janny.dong at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 13:52:34 EDT 2007

Hello, Jonathan and Dominik

Thanks for your suggestions. I have been looking at vtkImageThreshold and
vtkImageMaster, but I am not sure how to use them. I couldn't find a similar
example of what I am doing. Let's say, I already have a map to be overlaid
over my image. What I want to do is mask the ocean part as blue, for
example, and set the land part (in white) as transparent. How can I set one
color transparent? The map can be bmp, png, jpg...

Dominik, I've tried the actor transparency and it worked. I also want one
color to be totally transparent and others not.

Hope you can see my message...

Thanks again.

Janny