[vtkusers]how to get the information in DICOM file

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 03:28:55 EDT 2007

On 9/5/07, m26404030 at john.petra.ac.id <m26404030 at john.petra.ac.id> wrote:

> in VTK, if we use vtkDICOMImageReader, can we get the information about the
> DICOM file like the example below? The example below i get if i open the DICOM
> image file with IrfanView.
> Thanx for the help.. :)

No this is not currently done by the vtkDICOMImageReader
unfortunately. This is fairly easy to patch the reader to fill in the
vtkMedicalImageProperties with such information. But the reader would
have to be derived from vtkMedicalImageReader (which would be AFAIK
backward compatible).

This would not work when reading a Series but could be fun to
implemement for a single image.

Are you using VTK CVS ?

--
Mathieu