[vtkusers] I want various cylinders ant input points so that whole picture looks like a tube

Wes Turner wes.turner at kitware.com
Tue Sep 4 17:33:01 EDT 2007

Yadin,

It helps to keep this online as others may be able to offer help when I
cannot, and responses to the list get archived for future reference.  I
don't use Python so I can't give you a program, but the algorithm is pretty
simple.  To get a tube, create a vtkLineSource called "l" for example, use
the SetPoint1(x, y, z) and SetPoint2(x, y, z) member routines of the line
source to define the endpoints of your structure.  Create a vtkTubeFilter,
called "t" for example.  Set the input of the tube filter to the output of
the "l" "t->SetInputConnection(l->GetOutputPort())".  The output of t will
be the tube you want.  You can adjust the radius and number of sides of the
tube filter to get the appearance you need.  Look at "
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkTubeFilter.html" for more
details. Repeat for the lines you need.

- Wes