[vtkusers] Re: How do I get triangles from the vtkPolyData that vtkDelaunay2D produces?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Sep 4 11:38:11 EDT 2007

On 2007-09-03, Sylvain Jaume <sylvain.jaume at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hi Edwards,
>
> You can use:
>
> vtkIdType npts, *pts;
>
> o->GetPolys()->InitTraversal();
>
> while(o->GetPolys()->GetNextCell(npts,pts))
>    {
>    cout << "triangle [" << pts[0] << " " << pts[1] << " " << pts[2] << "]" << endl;
>    }

Thanks for the example.

The Python binding of the vtk library doesn't support the
GetNextCell() and GetCell() methods for the vtkCellArray object
returned by o->GetPolys().  Is there any other way to get the
triangle info out?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! FROZEN ENTREES may
                                  at               be flung by members of