[vtkusers] please help on ploting surfaces vith VTK

yadin Bocuma Rivas conra2004 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 2 12:31:00 EDT 2007

hi rafael;
thank you very much for helping me...the thing is that i still have my data in the form lets say something like this...
x = arange(0,20)
y = arange(0,20)
z = arange(0,1,0.05)
this are variables that i got in a python enthoght edition(on windows) file
and then i want to plot this points and generate a surface through them...

if i have to create a file and read them from there how do i do that...
sorry if my question are....i am used to matlab and i am new at this besides i just
wanna generate only surfaces and no more..
thanks a lot for you help..thank you

rafael possani <gentefinabr at hotmail.com> escribió:    .hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma }     Hi Yadin,  I suggest y to use vtkGaussianSplatter, thats a fragment code:

    vtkUnstructuredGrid grid= new vtkUnstructuredGrid();
    inferno.SetPoints(points);
    inferno.SetCells(1,polys);
    inferno.GetPointData().SetScalars(scalars);

    vtkGaussianSplatter popSplatter = new vtkGaussianSplatter();
    popSplatter.SetInput(grid);
    popSplatter.SetSampleDimensions(50, 50, 50);
    popSplatter.SetRadius(0.05);
    popSplatter.ScalarWarpingOff();
    popSplatter.Update();

    vtkContourFilter popSurface = new vtkContourFilter();
    popSurface.SetInputConnection(popSplatter.GetOutputPort());
    popSurface.SetValue(0, 0.01);

    vtkPolyDataMapper popMapper = new vtkPolyDataMapper();
    popMapper.SetInputConnection(popSurface.GetOutputPort());
    popMapper.ScalarVisibilityOn();
    popMapper.SetScalarRange(grid.GetScalarRange());
    popMapper.ImmediateModeRenderingOn();

    vtkActor popActor = new vtkActor();
    popActor.SetMapper(popMapper);

    cya.