[vtkusers] a pipeline error

dean.inglis at camris.ca dean.inglis at camris.ca
Fri Oct 26 15:40:10 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a pipeline to clip an input image which is then
passed on to a vtkImageViewer2.  In turn, vtkImageViewer2
passes its image input to an ivar vtkImageMapToWindowLevelColors
and then on to vtkImageActor.  So the pipeline is:
vtkImageData => vtkImageClip => vtkImageMapToWindowLevelColors => vtkImageActor

Rather than actually clipping the data, vtkImageClip can pass its output
with modified extents when it is set to ClipDataOff.  The origin, spacing
and bounds of the data remain unchanged.  However, I am getting the
following pipeline error, for example:

ERROR: In D:\Developer\Sources\VTK\Filtering\vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 698
vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (034F3990): The update extent specified in the information for output port 0 on algorithm vtkImageMapToWindowLevelColors(034B5BB0) is 0 127 0 127 0 0, which is outside the whole extent 28 94 23 104 0 0.

I have tried,

 vtkImageMapToWindowLevelColors ->GetOutput()->SetUpdateExtentToWholeExtent()

but the error persists.  Any suggestions??

Dean