[vtkusers] stuck when intalling vtk on laptop.

Dongqing Chen dqchen at cvip.louisville.edu
Fri Oct 26 10:34:15 EDT 2007

Dear All:

   I am installing vtk 5.0.1 on my laptop. The OS is windows XP, and Cmake is the lastest 2.4.7-win32-x86.exe.  I follow the same way when I installed the vtk 5.0.1 on my desktop. But the problem happened when I used CMake to generate the file for VC++  6.0, the whole procedure stopped. The problem is that CMake is checking whether STL has interator_traits. Before, when I installed vtk 5.0.1 on my desktop, I did not have such problem.

   What I should do to solve this problem? update VC 6.0 using vc6sp5.exe and vc6sp6.exe, or some other solutions.

  Or install STL. Before, I just copy the STL package from my labmate and put it under VC 6.0 folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Include

Best Wishes,
Dongqing Chen
Ph.D Candidate
Rm. 07, Paul C. Lutz Hall
Computer Vision & Image Processing (CVIP) Lab
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Speed School of Engineering
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY. 40292
U.S.A