[Fwd: Re: [vtkusers] Is it possible to clean noise in VTK?]

Iryna Pavlyshak iryna at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 24 12:27:13 EDT 2007

>Ok, look here
While scanning the certain object, many undesirable points are captured as well. These points don't have any connection to the object.They may come from reflection, from digitalization the support on which the object have been placed.These points may be ambient noise form the sunlight if the scanning is outdoors.
So after scanning and importing point cloud (xyz. data or asc. data) to my code for triangulation, filtering..etc, these additional  point (noise) disturb the real model of object.
There are different software, where you can import point clouds, and clean all that mess manually, as you can see it visually in GUI.
I was thinking to create some "box", which would separate points belong to   the scanned object form all additional.But every object has its own shape , how can my program distinguish this?
Actually i am a little bit confused, as i can't see any answer, as to continue doing this manually in other software packages.

hope VTK still can help,

Iryna

What do you mean by "cleaning" your data? Even though there is probably a