[vtkusers] Application crashes with large image data

Michael Knopke Michael.Knopke at gmx.de
Mon Oct 22 06:38:42 EDT 2007

Hi,

As Pierre already notices this is a win32 limitation that you won't overcome
by adding new RAM or creating a bigger pagefile.

You can try using the imagestreamer (vtkImageStreamer) class but this won't
work correctly with all classes (at least not in my case).
Another approach would be using 64bit (e.g. Vista 64bit) and compiling VTK
there but I've read that it's not as stable as 32 bit version so depends on
how complex your program will get.

Regards,

Michael

Btw: I'm facing the same problems as you :-(