[vtkusers] about vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Thu Oct 18 08:01:37 EDT 2007

> 1. "This mappers currently supports:
> one component, or two or four non-independent
> components", but I don't know what does "component"
> mean here

This is the number of values for each pixel in your image. If your image
has one component, it has one value per pixel, and is therefore a
grayscale image. If you have two components (or values) per pixel, then
you have a grayscale color value and an opacity value. If you have 4
non-independent components, then you have a color image where the first
three component specify the color using red, green, and blue values, and
the fourth component specifies an opacity value.

- Amy

--
Amy Squillacote
Kitware, Inc.