[vtkusers] TIffReader throws segmentation fault when reading large volume data (> 2GB)

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 09:33:19 EDT 2007

I am guessing that libTiff or the Tiff Reader in VTK may have a 32bit
file size limit. The fact that a stack of LESS than 2GB seems to
indicate this. Just a guess. Can you compile VTK in debug mode and
then run your program in a debugger? When it seg faults you should be
able to get a stack trace and try to figure out where things went badly.
--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer