[vtkusers] wglMakeCurrent failed in MakeCurrent() problem in VTK nightly source

James Zhou henryjoye at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 08:01:54 EDT 2007

hi, all,

I posted my VTK nightly source building and running problems days before and
got no reply. I tried two computers and the problems are same. Could you
give me any ideas on how to solve this problem?

I use the VTK CVS nightly source of Oct. 7,2007 in my applications. I built
the VTK source successfully on Win XP using MSVC 2005. I set using CG Shader
and GLSL shader be on during cmaking. My graphics card is GeForce 8300 and I
updated the graphics driver to be the latest. When I run VTK examples, there
is no display window shown. The error is as follows:

E:\Kitware\VTK\Rendering\vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow .cxx,
line 235
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow (03A4C500): wglMakeCurrent failed in
MakeCurrent(), error: The handle is invalid.

When I build the VTK5.0 release sourcr and run its examples, everything is
ok. It seems that it is because of the CVS nightly source problem. If not,
could anyone show me any solutions? Many thanks!

James